Stir Fry with Tofu, Mushrooms, and Cauliflower


For those of us with Crohn's Disease, we need our vegetables are well cooked. Stirfry traditionally has a bit of crunch in the vegetables, so for this recipe, I pre-steam the cauliflower before adding it to the stir fry.  This ensures the stirfry can be cooked fast, as it should be traditionally, yet the vegetables will be well done.

I also discovered garlic and ginger paste. When I am not flared, I always start my stir fry with Onion, Garlic and Ginger. As an alternative, I use the pastes, as they are already minced down quite well. 

If there is something on the ingredients list that you cannot handle well, leave it out, or try to fit in an alternative you can handle. 

Ingredients
Peanut oil
Garlic paste
Ginger paste
Mushrooms 
Cauliflower, Steamed
Marinated tofu
White Rice, Steamed

Sauce
1 Chicken stock cube
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp cornflour
2 tbsp Mirin or white wine
2 tbsp ginger or garlic paste

Mix ingredients with 1/2 cup cold water. The water needs to be cold for the cornflour to dissolve.

Method
Heat peanut oil in a pan or wok.
Begin by frying the tofu.
Add mushrooms with ginger and garlic paste. 
Finally, add the cauliflower, then add the sauce. 
Serve with white rice. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Cooker Pressure Cooker - Philips All-in-One Cooker

Pumpkin and Ginger Soup